Friday, March 20, 2009

Dinner


Finding dinner for four younger brothers at home is something. I was babysitting my younger brothers, and they were nagging me about food. They wanted food, and they wanted it right now. Food!
First, we were supposed to have noodles with pork but there was a problem. The pork we thought we had were just big pieces of lard and that is just not good eats. We look and looked in the freezer for anything plausible but nothing was found. The noodles we had was just a few strings of rice noodles. Not enough for the whole family.
Since we could not have noodles with pork, we try having fried rice. Two problems emerged. One, there was no eggs, and two, the rice we had stinks. I know in some Asian cultures people like stinky food, but I’m not really into my culture and hate stinky food. That proposal went down the drain.
Next, we thought about ordering out. Again, we ran into problems. We did not have enough money for all of us, and everyone wanted different things. Someone wanted pizza, one wanted Chinese food and others wanted something else. We could not come to a consensus decision and no money to buy anything.
After that idea failed, we try asking my older brother for some money or food. He just laugh and said, “Find your own food; I’m not your A.T.M. machine or maid.” We were hungry and desperate for anything.
Thank god my parents finally walk into the house and brought some food. There was some fried-rice, noodles with pork and some noodle soups. We quickly ran towards the door and grab the feast out of my parent’s hand.
We quickly open everything and dig in.

No comments:

Post a Comment